Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Field Trip #5 - Urban Ft. Myers and SW Florida Historical Museum


Our trip to Downtown Fort Myers had to be my favorite trip of the semester. Not only were we able to walk through historic Fort Myers but we were also able to visit their historical museum and learn about how the town and its people use to live in the 1800s and even earlier. I will be honest though, the museum for me was the least appealing part of the trip. Even though there was a tremendous amount of things to see, much of it was not relevant to what we are learning. For example, the dinosaurs along with the Egyptian display were certainly off topic and I didn’t really see any correlation to the rest of the museum.

On a lighter note, I did truly enjoy walking through downtown and seeing all the history and the buildings that were hundreds of years old. The worksheet that Mrs. Davis gave us really helped me to concentrate on what we were learning and the sites I might not have seen otherwise. In terms of redesigning Fort Myers, the only change I could make is possibly eliminating some of the bars in the area. There seemed to be slightly too many and I think that is not the greatest way to attract people to your town. Other than that, I liked everything Fort Myers had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment