Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

Journal 4- Field Trip #2 – ECHO


The trip to ECHO, which means “Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization”, was both inspirational and it opened my mind to more eco-friendly ways to produce crops. Unaware of exactly what ECHO was, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this farm grows plants entirely from recycled materials. By using recycled materials and leftover pieces and parts, they are able to sustain a clean and ecologically friendly farm. They also play a large part in assisting poor farmers by providing important and useful information about farming. Their innovative ideas allow for farming in the most poor of countries. Personally, my farming experience is limited but after visiting ECHO, I know I have the skills and materials to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment