Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Journal 3 Field Trip #1 - Campus Trail



The first, what I like to call “mini” field trip was both educational and inspirational. I learned a good deal about our school that I likely would never know if I hadn’t taken this course. The most interesting thing on the walk had to be the cooling system for the campus. I couldn’t put in plain words how it works but our tour guide did a good job of explaining it. The green design around campus was also quite interesting. I also came to know that everything planted on the campus is native to Florida. However, there is an exotic tree taking over the area but they are doing their best to eliminate it. After the tour, I developed a greater appreciation for FGCU and our environmental goals and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment