Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

Journal 1 Incoming Reflection


“Colloquium?! What does that even mean!?” That was my initial reaction before taking this class. I knew the class would speak of nature and experiencing it firsthand but I never understood why it is a required class to graduate. When it comes to my personal experiences with nature, there isn’t much to say. I grew up living in a rather large city with no “nature” to speak of so one might imagine that my experience with nature is, I guess you could say, fictional.
As I came to understand why this class was created and how it is supposed to make us a more well rounded person, my appreciation for the class became much greater. My goal at first was honestly just to get through the course and pass in order to graduate but now, through our field trips and discussions, I hope to leave with as much knowledge as possible about the living world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment