Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

Journal 2 Sense of Place - Your Neighborhood


I can honestly say that I feel most at home when I am at home in my bed watching the television. Nature is all around me but most of the time I have no motivation to “experience” it. Here in Fort Myers, I live at the College Club Apartments. Although this area is filled with wildlife including native animals and plants, my “neighborhood” is about the least environmental place there is. Aside from the recycling cans that no one seems to use and the small dirty lake that is nothing to brag about, there is no nature to be found. I do suppose that a sustainable feature that is displayed in my neighborhood is our fountain which does provide oxygen for the fish in the lake (whatever type of fist they may be). Although there really isn’t any nature where my home is, there are numerous places nearby including FGCU, which provide many experiences with the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment